Your new sleep system is designed to conform to the contour of your body allowing you a comfortable, healthy night’s sleep. Body conformity will usually take place within the first night, certainly within the first few weeks of use. To help minimize the body impressions and to maximize comfort and longevity of your sleep set, it’s important to know the following:
- PROPER INSTALLATION. Make sure your new mattress and foundation are properly installed in your home. Improper installation can damage your sleep set. If you choose to transport and install on your own, ask the store personnel to give you some tips to help you avoid problems.
- USE A PROTECTIVE PAD. A good quality, washable mattress pad (and one for the foundation, too, if you like) is a must to keep you set fresh and free from stains. It also protects the manufacturer’s warranty.
- LET IT BREATHE. If you detect a slight “new product” odor, leave the mattress and foundation uncovered and well ventilated for a few hours. A breath of fresh air should do the trick!
- GIVE IT GOOD SUPPORT. Use a sturdy bedframe. Make sure your frame/base has the adequate support with flat surface to prevent the mattress from deforming.
- DON’T DRY CLEAN. The chemicals in dry cleaning agents/spot removers maybe harmful to the fabric or underlying materials. Vacuuming is the only recommended cleaning method. But if you’re determined to tackle a stain, use a mild soap with cold water and apply lightly. Do not ever soak a mattress or foundation.
- DON’T REMOVE THE TAG. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not illegal to remove the law tag, but the information on the label will serve as a means of identification should you have a warranty claim.
- DON’T PUT ANY HOT OBJECT ON THE SURFACE OF THE MATTRESS. It could damage the fabric or underlying materials.
- IT’S NOT A TRAMPOLINE. Don’t let the kids jump on your sleep set. Their rough-housing could do damage to the interior construction, as well as to themselves!
Following the diagram below you should rotate your mattress at least every three months to provide the most uniform support to your sleep set.