1. Once you have realized you need a new mattress, do your research.
Mattresses have probably changed drastically since you last shopped, so bring yourself up to speed. Good sources of information include the Internet, manufacturer Websites, trusted friends and family, and the newspaper.
2. Look for sales.
Mattress retailers typically advertise on Sundays in the newspaper, website and social medias.
3. Once you have decided on a store or stores to visit, have an idea of what you would like to spend beforehand.
This will help you and the sales associate find the best mattress for your money.
4. When you visit, wear comfortable clothing.
5. Make yourself at home on the mattresses.
Try every sleep position you go through in a typical night. Take your time, and ask the sales associate to give you a minute if need be.
6. Try mattresses with different tops and different materials, as the feels and support levels differ.
7. Feel free to ask any question of the sales associate.
8. Try to narrow your selection down to two or three beds.
More choices than that will be confusing.
9. Once you decide on a mattress, your retailer will arrange delivery of your mattress for you.
10. Our favorite tip: Never Stop Dreaming™
How to Check If You Need a New Mattress?
There are many indicators that will tell you that your existing mattress requires a replacement. When you start feeling uncomfortable in the bed while sleeping on it or start waking up with back pain, neck pain, stiffness, and aches or even you start seeing its surface wearing out, it is time to consider a replacement. Common signs of surface wear include sagging, lumps, bumps, holes, and tears.
Other indicators are;
Noticeable increase in allergy symptoms, mattresses attracts allergens and with time the levels increases and this increases the risk of allergies and asthma.
Sleeping better elsewhere; if you are getting a better night sleep somewhere else be it in a hotel or sofa this shows that your bed is uncomfortable and your mattress could need replacing.
Tossing and turning at night; if you turn and toss a lot at night this might be an indicator that you are not getting comfortable sleep. And if your partner also turns and toss it means your mattress no longer reduces motion transfer and it needs replacing.